Embassy of Finland, Beijing - Consulates General of Finland, Shanghai: Visa and residence permit
EMBASSY OF FINLAND, Beijing
CONSULATE GENERAL OF FINLAND, Shanghai
- Embassy of Finland, Beijing
Tel. +86-10-8519 8300, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consulate General of Finland, Shanghai
Tel. +86 21 5292 9900, email@example.com
Visa and residence permit
Make sure whether you need a visa or a residence permit:
Visa is meant only for a short-term stay of up to 90 days
For a stay of more than 90 days, a residence permit is required. If you intend to work in Finland, a residence permit is usually required even if your stay is shorter than 90 days.
Make sure where to apply and which documents are needed:
Visa must be applied from the Schengen country that is the main destination of the journey. The first biometric Schengen visa must be applied in person, after which the fingerprints are valid for 5 years. If you have applied for a biometric Schengen visa before, it is not necessary to submit the visa application in person.
- In China, Finland has 15 visa application centers. The visa application must be submitted at the visa application center in whose jurisdiction the applicant legally resides.
- Jurisdiction of the Embassy of Finland in Beijing 12:
- Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Jinan, Kunming, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Wuhan and Xi'an.
- Jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Shanghai 3:
- Shanghai, Hangzhou and Nanjing
- In Mongolia, visas to Finland must be applied from the Embassy of Germany in Ulaanbaatar.
Residence permit must be applied in person at the Finnish mission. An appointment is mandatory.
Please make sure that all information in the visa sticker or residence permit card is correct
When a visa or residence permit has been granted, please check the information and contact the mission if needed:
- Personal information: name, surname, passport number
- Other information: number of entries and duration of stay and validity period